[/vc_column_text][us_separator show_line=”1″ line_width=”default”][vc_column_text]Somali Girls Can is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and that all collected personal data is safeguarded and processed in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
1. Who we are?
Somali Girls Can (“Somali Girls Can”, “us” or “we”) is a registered company limited by guarantee, number 11116746. Registered address is: 1 Empire Mews, Stanthorpe Road, London, SW16 2BF. We are controller of your personal information and personal information may be shared internally to achieve the purposes set out in this policy.
2. How do we collect personal information?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, to sign up for membership, take part in one of our events, to make a donation, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
3. The type of information we collect?
The personal information we collect may include:
- Identity data such as your name, date of birth, and other sensitive personal data.
- Contact details such as your address, email address and telephone number
- Financial data such as bank account and payment card details
- Technical data such as IP address and details of your device and interactions with our websites.
- Marketing and communications preferences and your interests, including sports interests
Data privacy law recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring more protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity, religion and political opinions (referred to as ‘special category data’). In certain situations, we may collect and/or use these special categories of data, for example from participants in a project. We will only process these special categories of data if there is valid reason for doing so and where the law allows us to do so, such as where we have consent.
4. How and why is your personal information used?
We may use your information for a range of different purposes, which may include:
- to perform the services or information you have requested, which may involve contacting you electronically, by post and/or over the phone, and to accommodate your participation in events.
- to process payments and register you when you sign up to our registration scheme
- To manage relationships with stakeholders and partners and communicate with you in general.
- To allow Somali Girls Can to perform its duties effectively and further its charitable aims in general, including to provide services to its beneficiaries.
- To administer or run our websites and online tools including facilitating user friendly features.
- For the reasonable purposes of Somali Girls Can, including to analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information or for our internal administration.
- For the detection of fraud or misuse of services, and for the establishment, defence and/ or enforcement of legal claims.
- For market research purposes.
- To provide services to partner organisations – for example we will collect personal information in order to assist partners with insight reports.
5. Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your personal information to our third-party service providers, suppliers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process donation and send you mailings). However, when we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prevents them from using it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Somali Girls Can Network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
When you are using our secure online donation pages, your donation is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
6. Your choices
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our work and registering with us then you can select your choices by updating your preferences.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com
7. Gaining access to your personal data
Somali Girls Can tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. You can find out about the personal information we hold about you by making a ‘subject access request’. To do so please make your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request should include proof of who you are (e.g. driving licence, passport, or birth certificate). You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access (e.g. where and by whom information is believed to be held, specific details of information required etc.)
You are not required to state why you wish to access the information but you should include any details that will help us locate and retrieve the information.
8. Other privacy rights you have
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. This includes the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or to unsubscribe from our email list at any time. You also have the right to:
- Object to the use – you have the right to object to our use of your personal information where we are (i) relying on legitimate interests as our legal basis, (ii) using it for direct marketing or (iii) using it for statistical purposes.
- Request erasure – in some cases you can ask us to delete your personal information from our records (or anonymise it). We may retain some limited personal information so we can ensure you are not contacted by us in the future.
- Request correction – if you believe our records concerning you are inaccurate, you can ask us to update them. If you are unsure you can ask us to check the information we hold about you.
- Request us to restrict processing – you can ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted (i.e. held but not further used) if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- Request transfer – in limited circumstances, you can ask us to transfer your personal information to you or another party.
Some additional rights apply in respect of what is known as ‘automated decision making’ but Somali Girls Can does not currently use your personal information in this way.
Please note that these are legal rights which only apply in limited circumstances. For more information, or to exercise these rights, please contact us using at email@example.com
We may ask you for additional information, to confirm your identity, and for security purposes, before disclosing personal information requested to you.
9. How we keep your personal information secure?
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure and take appropriate and proportionate security policies and organisational and technical measures to help protect your information from loss, destruction and misuse.
10. How long is your personal information kept for?
We retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations.
We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
11. International transfers?
Unfortunately, no transmission of your personal information over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
12. Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
13. Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
14. Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in March 2019.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]